You are NOT a “USER”.
(You’ve been USED enough.)
And, you are NOT “the PRODUCT”.
(You’re a MUUVER.)
You’re a person of GREAT VALUE…
and as a MUUVER you should be respected as such.
Your Rights, and the Rights of Others
At the very heart of MUUVER is our unwavering belief in the individual voice, your voice, and your right to be heard.
Our core motivation is to give Power back to the People. But, with great power comes great responsibility.
We cherish, believe, support, defend and encourage each person’s freedom of speech and right to be heard, but we also recognize that more importantly this freedom and right comes with a major, primary responsibility; to give others the same respect of their freedom of speech and right to be heard.
Help us, yourself and others encourage these freedoms and rights with a healthy environment for the exchange of ideas and opinions by following these simple guidelines of civil discourse:
Code of Conduct
- BE RESPECTFUL. Treat others as you wish to be treated.
- BE POLITE. Practice the highest standards of etiquette – lead by example. Every act of kindness makes a difference in the life of someone. Remember that rude behavior or comments say more about the sender than the receiver.
- BE CIVIL. By engaging in civil discourse you can better persuade differing opinions through passionate dialogue rather than name calling or derogatory remarks.
- BE CREDIBLE. Refrain from posting false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information). You are completely legally responsible for anything you post on MUUVER. By using our website and services you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and our Terms and Conditions of Use and Service.
- BE STRONG. Don’t be thin-skinned. Take criticism as well as praise with equal grace.
- BE RESILIENT. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let anyone else’s negative remarks trigger you.
- BE POSITIVE. If your intent is a positive outcome (something you want), then negative or offensive posts and comments only hinder achieving your desired outcome.
- BE ENCOURAGING. Look for opportunities to make people feel important, appreciated or supported.
- BE HARMLESS. Please do not misuse our private, public or group posting and commenting tools to maliciously undermine the reputation or credibility of other MUUVER members, public person, business or organization.
- BE ACCOUNTABLE. If you are sharing your voice here for the purpose of holding a business or person accountable for their actions (or to promote their accountability), shouldn’t you yourself first be accountable? Please always follow this Code of Conduct.
- BE SOCIABLE. Contribute positively to the conversation or cause. What you give is what you’ll get back. The more you give, the more you’ll get back.
- BE CAUSE. MUUVER is about making things better for us all. Be part of a better cause. Just BECAUSE. Why not?
Info on Dealing With Trolls, Haters and Harassers
Great article titled “How Your Biased Brain Makes You a Jerk Online (and How to Stop It)” gives insight into the brains of trolls and haters and how you can deal with them easier and more effectively.